1. The Canon 7D. Yes, I got it! It’s been on my radar since it was released in October and I’m so excited to have it. Haven’t had a chance to really use it yet, since it has not stopped raining in about 5 days. But from what I’ve tried, it’s pretty great.
2. Speaking of rain, I am enjoying that as well. It’s not very often we get rain and this time we got LOTS. Even threw a tornado watch in there! Imagine.
3. There is a website called My Fitness Pal (we have a love/hate relationship) that is really helpful for tracking calories and exercise. It’s free to sign up and will tell you based on your age, height, weight & workouts how many calories you should be eating every day. Then you plug in your meals & try to stay within calorie goal. So far this week I haven’t stayed within my calorie count at all – I blame the weather…
4. Ellen DeGeneres. She is seriously awesome. In my opinion, the funniest woman on TV. I went to the taping of her Birthday Show (airs Tuesday 1/26) and she was certainly generous with the swag! All the while, reminding us to keep donating to the victims in Haiti. She passed around a jar for audience members to drop a few bucks in and just today, our audience raised over $1200! And she does this every day!! Yay for her using her popularity for good things.
5. I stopped in at the GAP for the first time in awhile, and they have such great sweaters right now! Very soft, comfy and much better-fitting than their sweaters last year. Look for the sales… (!)